Cornerstone’s overall vision is to Save the Lost – Grow the Found - Send the Empowered.
Our vision for missions is spotlighted in the third phrase, Send the Empowered.
Why must we, as a Church, always keep the vision to
Send the Empowered burning white hot?
1. Because the Harvest is Plentiful
Matthew 9:36-38 “When (Jesus) saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.’”
In this passage, the harvest field was in sight -- and they still are. Jesus looked at the crowds that pushed in around Him and said to His disciples; “the harvest is plentiful”. The harvest field is wherever the lost are.
Our vision to Send the Empowered includes being sent across the office, over the back-yard fence, across the state, and around the world showing the love of Jesus and sharing the good news of salvation in His name alone.
2. Because the Laborers are Few
After identifying the plentiful harvest Jesus said, “the workers are few” -- and they still are.
Today, as in Jesus’ day, there is more need than workers. Every follower of Christ has the privilege, responsibility, and available power from the Holy Spirit to share the good news of Jesus that transforms lives. The success of the church is more clearly seen in its sending capacity than its seating capacity.
Our Sending Vision includes:
- Followers of Jesus being sent into their marketplace, their neighborhoods, and on short-term mission’s trips around the world sharing the Good News of Jesus.
- Followers of Jesus being called by God and sent out as full-time church planters, pastors, and missionaries.
Jesus said to all His followers,
“Go into all the world and make disciples”.
Where in the world are you going?
Cornerstone Church currently supports the eight Missions groups listed below. Please be praying for those whom we support and missions around the world. 19% of your annual tithes goes to Missions funding.
Jeff & Elizabeth Perry
Moyo, Uganda | Africa
Organization: Perry Clan of South Sudan / His House of Hope.
Mission: Jeff is a physician and Elizabeth is an administrator, teacher, mother of eight, and partner in the ministry. Jeff started a clinic and built a hospital (His House of Hope) in Yei, So Sudan. The major portion of their work in Yei was prenatal, delivery and post natal care. Due to medical challenges of their own, they are presently living in Moyo, in Northern Uganda, just across the border from So Sudan where Jeff is working in a hospital and teaching medical students.
- Decision-making about His House of Hope.
- That the road from Yei will become safe enough for travel, allowing our vehicle to be brought to us.
- Healing from a round of upper respiratory infections, strep throat, sinus infections, and more.
- Continued settling and learning a new place, culture, ministry, and language.
Laurence & Debbie Hartshorn
Los Barriles, Mexico
Organization: East Cape Community Fellowship & Food Program
Mission: They desire to provide a place for English speaking people of the East Cape Area to worship God, learn and have fellowship with other Christians. In addition, they support other Christian missionary work in the area such as their support and administration a food program and Bible study for the poor in Las Barriles.
- Seek God’s favor for revival of ourselves and the churches in our area.
- The success of the new church in La Ribera.
- The spiritual awakening of our towns.
- For a bilingual pastor to lead the Spanish group that has formed.
Community Pregnancy Center
Organization: Community Pregnancy Center (CPC)
Mission: CPC provides pregnancy and infant care support services for women and couples by providing pregnancy tests, promoting Pro-Life Choices, administering Ultra-Sound imaging, providing health and baby care education, offering parenting mentors to guide men and women in raising a baby, increasing awareness of adoption choices, offering STD testing, promoting discipleship, and more.
- Pray for wisdom to prioritize services to stay within the CPC budget.
- Pray for volunteers to provide services.
- Pray for strength to defend CPC against pro-abortion attacks.
San Pedro La Laguna | Guatemala
Organization: Proyecto Fe: Project Faith International
Mission: To serve the poor through the education of children and their families, assisting in the construction of schools and churches, supporting the administration of schools, orphanages and local economy through work related earning opportunities. Currently, they primarily serve the poor by providing support with education, local job opportunities, medical needs and basic services to serve the children, families and people of San Pedro, Guatemala.
- Pray for God’s wisdom in managing His ministry.
Alan & Gina Brown
Isabel, Leyte | Philippines
Organization: Lantaw Ugma Missions
Mission: To proclaim the excellencies of God, and to bring the Hope of Salvation through Jesus Christ to those who are in need. The focus is to serve children who are from very poor families, primarily through mentorship and care, teaching children with life skills, developing their gifts, providing medical and dental aid assistance while showing them that there is hope in Christ Jesus and that God has a great purpose in their lives.
- Alan and Gina are coming to Alaska in June, so prayers for traveling mercies and success in endeavors both in the Philippines and in Alaska.
- Check their Facebook page for frequent prayer requests.
Nsanje, Malawi | Africa
Organization: 2007 Church plant from Cornerstone Church. Lead Pastor, Paffett Chomanika.
Mission: The Headquarters Church is located in Nsanje, Malawi and there are 12 other congregations of Cornerstone Malawi that meet throughout the Nsanje District. Cornerstone Church (AK) has participated in multiple short-term missions trips. We currently support 34 orphans, training courses for the lead and assistant pastors, and famine relief efforts; we also have supported the construction of a youth facility, the construction of a grain mill, and the finishing materials for a brick wall to enclose 4.5 acres of famine relief farmland. We are currently considering the construction of an irrigation system for the famine relief farmland.
- Pray for the 12 pastors as they are beginning a second year of pastoral training.
- Pray for the upcoming planting season, that the Lord would bing rain.
- Pray the the Lord would use Cornerstone Malawi to bring the hope of Jesus to the people of Malawi.
Jesse & Becky Glosser
Organization: Missionary Aviation Repair Center (MARC)
Mission: Jesse and Becky are pre-field staff and are currently raising support to begin full-time ministry in Summer 2018. Jesse will serve as IT Manager. He will be responsible for designing and maintaining MARC’s computer network, software and website. MARC’s mission is to provide reduced-cost repair and maintenance to aircraft owned by missionaries, pastors and missions organizations in Alaska. MARC also has a fleet of it’s own ministry aircraft to provide reduced-cost passenger and cargo flights throughout Alaska for missionaries, pastors, missions teams and kids to bible camps.
- Pray that the Good News of Jesus Christ would reach the hearts of the people of rural Alaska.
- Pray that Jesse & Becky would be able to complete support raising so they can begin full-time ministry by Summer 2018.
- Pray for the safety of MARC crew as they work and fly.
Organization: Crossover Communications
Mission: Crossover partners with Jesus, as He is “building His church” (Matthew 16:18). They believe the most affective (making disciples) and effective (self-sustained and self-led) way to provide Gospel-access to unreached people groups is through planting multiplying churches. Their strategy in fulfilling their vision to plant multiplying churches is through “projects,” which become larger campaigns called “initiatives.” They currently have several projects and eleven initiatives throughout the world at this time including Turkey.
- Pray for the truth to come out that Jesus is not tied to a political or financial movement...His Kingdom is not of this world!
- Pray for Pastor XXX (currently on trial) - that the Gospel may be declared and that he is released from prison and restored to his family.
- Pray for translators to produce excellent translations.
Each month, we feature one of our Missions during our Sunday morning services to provide insight and updated information. We encourage the body to pray for specific needs as we continue to support and see God work through the Missions we support.